Today we woke up to so much frost outside that Ace asked if he could go play in the snow, lol. So I put the fireplace on, made a pot of mountain tea and cut us each a slice of our favorite bread.
His BFF has been his “Gaki” doll since he was one, before the movie even came out. We used to read the stories in Greek and his favorite one was Curious George and the Chocolate Factory. In Greek his name in Georgaki, so Ace has always called him Gaki. You wouldn’t believe how many people ask why he calls his monkey yucky.
This bread combines two of Gaki’s favorite things; bananas and chocolate-hence the name, Curious George Bread.
Curious George Bread
(a.k.a. Banana Bread w/Chocolate Chips)
- 1 3/4 c. flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 3/4 c. oil or tahini for non-oil days
- 3/4 c. sugar
- 1/4 c. water
- 3-4 bananas, mashed
- 1/2 bag semi-sweet chocolate chips, Ghirardelli are lenten
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix flour, baking powder, soda and salt. Beat together oil, sugar and water. Add flour mixture to oil mixture and add bananas. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Pour into greased 9×5 loaf pans and bake for 1 hour or until toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 15-20 minutes before removing from pans.
These also work well as muffins!
Also, just a reminder that today is the deadline to send your swap partner’s handmade card and book out! If you’re running behind please let them know!