Today we made a batch of these yummy chocolate chip cookies! You make them in a mini muffin pan and so they are thick and soft and simply irresistible! We made these a few times last year, but I can’t remember what site I found the recipe. I only have my scribbled down version, so I’ll share that with you. If anyone knows the original site, please post it in the comments!
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup almond meal (also known as almond flour)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, room temp
- 1 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- Chop the coconut either by hand or with a food processor until it is fine.
- In a medium bowl whisk together coconut, flour, salt and baking powder. Set aside.
- Cream butter and sugars in the electric mixer until fluffy.
- Add vanilla and eggs one at a time and continue to beat.
- Add the flour mixture 1/2 cup at a time and beat until blended.
- Stir in chocolate chips and refrigerate while preheating the oven to 375 degrees.
- Grease a mini muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Scoop batter into prepared tin until each cup is 3/4 full. (Don’t over do it or the cookies will sink in the middle.) Gently push cookies down into the tin and bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown on top. Remove from oven and let cool completely in the pan.
- Once cooled, use a butter knife to lift each bite sizer from the pan।
Yields approximately 4 dozen bite sized cookies.
NOTE: You can make almond flour yourself by chopping almonds in the food processor until they have a flour like consistency. With the Dormition fast beginning soon, you can also make these using the lenten chocolate chip cookie recipe.