Random Acts of Christmas Kindness.
The project is exactly what it sounds like. For 25 days before Christmas, you do one random act of kindness a day. They can be as simple as paying for the person behind you at the coffee shop or taping some change to a vending machine at your local supermarket. The point is to make an effort to do something nice for someone else.
You can download these awesome little RACK’ed cards here and attach them to your ‘act of kindess’.
you’ve been RACK’ed
this Christmas season we are counting down the 25 days of Christmas by performing RANDOM ACTS OF KINDNESS each day. you are a child of God and we pray you find His blessing this Christmas season.
You can type up and print your activities out and display them like the photo below. Each day you take out a card, read the activity and go for it! Then you can tape it to the envelope after it’s done.
What a wonderful way to share Christ’s love this Christmas season! If you’re not sure where to begin, here’s a list of things that I hope to do this season:
1. Volunteer or donate to a local food bank.
2. Pay for the person behind you at coffee shop or drive-thru.
3. Tape money to vending machines.
4. Leave candy canes on cars.
5. Bring donuts or coffee for your church’s coffee hour. (make sure they’re lenten)
6. Bake something and take it to work/school.
7. Deliver homemade treats to local fire and police departments and thank them for their service.
8. Deliver poinsettias to a nursing home.
9. Leave a gift card in shopping cart for the next person.
10. Visit hospital and deliver balloons, toys, coloring books, silly bands, etc. Call ahead for list of restricted items.
11. Bring hot chocolate to bell ringers.
12. Deliver treats to neighbors.
13. Pay someone’s overdue library fine.
14. Deliver treats to librarians.
15. Adopt a family in need from your child’s school or local shelter.
16. Clean out toys, clothes, etc and donate them.
18. Hand out pretty flowers (carnations are cheap) at a local shopping center.
19. Tape money to a parking meter.
20. Buy 4 $5.00 gift cards and pass them out to people on the street.
21. Have your child make homemade cards and deliver them to child abuse shelter or children’s hospital.
22. Donate books to a local school in need.
23. Knit (or buy) a warm scarf for a homeless person.
24. Pack up mini-feast (who doesn’t have a ton of food left over?) and drop it off to homeless people on Christmas Day.
25. Put together a tin of cookies for mailman and UPS driver.
So, it starts tomorrow! I hope you’re as excited about this project as I am! May it help you remember Jesus–the ONLY reason for the season! xoxo